USA +1 7065 38-39-40
UK +44 754-373-15-03
Genesis 24 | Index
The Bible - Genesis 25
- Then again Abraham took a wife, and her name was Keturah.
- And she bare him Zimran, and Jokshan, and Medan, and Midian, and Ishbak, and Shuah.
- And Jokshan begat Sheba, and Dedan. And the sons of Dedan were Asshurim, and Letushim, and Leummim.
- And the sons of Midian; Ephah, and Epher, and Hanoch, and Abidah, and Eldaah. All these were the children of Keturah.
- And Abraham gave all that he had unto Isaac.
- But unto the sons of the concubines, which Abraham had, Abraham gave gifts, and sent them away from Isaac his son, while he yet lived, eastward, unto the east country.
- And these are the days of the years of Abraham's life which he lived, an hundred threescore and fifteen years.
- Then Abraham gave up the ghost, and died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years; and was gathered to his people.
- And his sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah, in the field of Ephron the son of Zohar the Hittite, which is before Mamre;
- The field which Abraham purchased of the sons of Heth: there was Abraham buried, and Sarah his wife.
- And it came to pass after the death of Abraham, that God blessed his son Isaac; and Isaac dwelt by the well Lahairoi.
- Now these are the generations of Ishmael, Abraham's son, whom Hagar the Egyptian, Sarah's handmaid, bare unto Abraham:
- And these are the names of the sons of Ishmael, by their names, according to their generations: the firstborn of Ishmael, Nebajoth; and Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam,
- And Mishma, and Dumah, and Massa,
- Hadar, and Tema, Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah:
- These are the sons of Ishmael, and these are their names, by their towns, and by their castles; twelve princes according to their nations.
- And these are the years of the life of Ishmael, an hundred and thirty and seven years: and he gave up the ghost and died; and was gathered unto his people.
- And they dwelt from Havilah unto Shur, that is before Egypt, as thou goest toward Assyria: and he died in the presence of all his brethren.
- And these are the generations of Isaac, Abraham's son: Abraham begat Isaac:
- And Isaac was forty years old when he took Rebekah to wife, the daughter of Bethuel the Syrian of Padanaram, the sister to Laban the Syrian.
- And Isaac entreated the LORD for his wife, because she was barren: and the LORD was entreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.
- And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to inquire of the LORD.
- And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger. Rom 9:12
- And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.
- And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name Esau.
- And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau's heel; and his name was called Jacob: and Isaac was threescore years old when she bare them.
- And the boys grew: and Esau was a cunning hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob was a plain man, dwelling in tents.
- And Isaac loved Esau, because he did eat of his venison: but Rebekah loved Jacob.
- And Jacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint:
- And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.
- And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright.
- And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?
- And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.
- Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentils; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.
Copyright © 24GLO LTD ® 2004-2021. All rights reserved.