USA +1 7065 38-39-40
UK +44 754-373-15-03
Zephaniah 2 | Index
The Bible - Zephaniah 3
- Woe to her that is filthy and polluted, to the oppressing city!
- She obeyed not the voice; she received not correction; she trusted not in the LORD; she drew not near to her God.
- Her princes within her are roaring lions; her judges are evening wolves; they gnaw not the bones till the morrow.
- Her prophets are light and treacherous persons: her priests have polluted the sanctuary, they have done violence to the law.
- The just LORD is in the midst thereof; he will not do iniquity: every morning doth he bring his judgment to light, he faileth not; but the unjust knoweth no shame.
- I have cut off the nations: their towers are desolate; I made their streets waste, that none passeth by: their cities are destroyed, so that there is no man, that there is none inhabitant.
- I said, Surely thou wilt fear me, thou wilt receive instruction; so their dwelling should not be cut off, howsoever I punished them: but they rose early, and corrupted all their doings.
- Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.
- For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.
- From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.
- In that day shalt thou not be ashamed for all thy doings, wherein thou hast transgressed against me: for then I will take away out of the midst of thee them that rejoice in thy pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty because of my holy mountain.
- I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of the LORD.
- The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.
- Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.
- The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.
- In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.
- The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
- I will gather them that are sorrowful for the solemn assembly, who are of thee, to whom the reproach of it was a burden.
- Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame.
- At that time will I bring you again, even in the time that I gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes, saith the LORD.
Copyright © 24GLO LTD ® 2004-2021. All rights reserved.