USA +1 7065 38-39-40
UK +44 754-373-15-03
John 4 | Index
The Bible - John 5
- After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
- Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.
- In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.
- For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.
- And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.
- When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?
- The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.
- Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.
- And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.
- The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed.
- He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk.
- Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk?
- And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place.
- Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
- The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made him whole.
- And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.
- But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
- Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
- Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
- For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
- For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
- For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
- That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
- Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
- Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
- For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
- And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
- Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
- And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
- I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
- If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
- There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
- Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.
- But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.
- He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.
- But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
- And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
- And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
- Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
- And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
- I receive not honour from men.
- But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
- I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
- How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
- Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
- For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.
- But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
Copyright © 24GLO LTD ® 2004-2021. All rights reserved.