USA +1 7065 38-39-40
UK +44 754-373-15-03
John 7 | Index
The Bible - John 8
- Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
- And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
- And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
- They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
- Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? Deut 22:24
- This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
- So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
- And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
- And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
- When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
- She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
- Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
- The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.
- Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.
- Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
- And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
- It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. Dt 19:15 Mt 18:16 2 Cor 13:1 1 Tim 5:19
- I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
- Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.
- These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.
- Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
- Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.
- And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
- I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
- Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.
- I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.
- They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.
- Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
- And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
- As he spake these words, many believed on him.
- Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
- And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
- They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
- Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
- And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
- If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
- I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
- I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
- They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
- But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
- Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
- Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
- Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
- Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
- And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
- Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
- He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
- Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
- Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.
- And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.
- Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
- Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
- Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
- Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
- Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
- Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
- Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
- Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
- Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
Copyright © 24GLO LTD ® 2004-2021. All rights reserved.