USA +1 7065 38-39-40
UK +44 754-373-15-03
James 1 | Index
The Bible - James 2
- My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.
- For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;
- And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:
- Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?
- Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
- But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?
- Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?
- If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: Lev 19:18 Matt 5:43 Matt 19:19 Matt 22:39 Mark 12:31 Rom 13:9 Gal 5:14
- But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
- For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. Deut 27:26 Gal 3:10
- For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. Exod 20:14,13
- So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
- For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.
- What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
- If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
- And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
- Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
- Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
- Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
- But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
- Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
- Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
- And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. Gen 15:6 Rom 4:3 Gal 3:6 Isa 41:8
- Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
- Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
- For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Copyright © 24GLO LTD ® 2004-2021. All rights reserved.