Documents for opening account for natural persons (individuals).
For opening a personal current and/or deposit account in Cyprus bank it is necessary to submit the following set of documents:
1. Original of the customer’s Passport or ID.
Bank’s officer should make a copy from the original customer’s passport and must certify this copy by authorized bank’s officer.
Passport bearer must put his/her signature on the certified passport copy.
In cases when passport issued not in English respective notary attested translation should be attached to the copy certified as described above.
Upon certifying, following notes should be made by authorized bank’s officer:
- Name of the certifying person;
- Position in the Bank;
- “True copy of Original” mark.
2. The original of the document that confirms an inhabitation of natural person (customer)
Bank’s officer should make a copy from the original customer’s residential address confirmation and must certify this copy by authorized bank’s officer.
The examples of such documents are either:
- the original bill (utility bill) of municipal services (up to 6 months),
- original bank statement (with indication of the customer’s residential address) (up to 6 months),
- address confirmed by a bank (up to 6 months).
3. Banking form for account opening.
These forms can be obtained in office of the Bank or by e-mail.
4. Original of the Bank Reference (from a bank of the place of living).
(not always necessary)
This bank reference must be issued by client’s attendant bank and should contain a positive customer’s reputation. The Bank references are acceptable from the list of the banks approved from time to time by Bank.
Bank reference must not be submitted if the client is personally present at bank in Cyprus branch for account opening.
WE DRAW YOUR ATTENTION TO THE FACT THAT IDENTIFICATION OF THE CUSTOMER MUST BE MADE EITHER IN CYPRUS BRANCH OR IN THE ANY BRANCH OF BANK IN THE WORLD.
IF YOU CAN NOT VISIT CYPRUS, YOU CAN SEND US DOCUMENTS FROM YOU BANK IN HOME COUNTRY OR WE CAN COME TO YOUR COUNTRY TO MAKE IDENTIFICATION.